Personal Tax Assistant Manager/Manager – Leading Mid-Tier Firm – London About the Company:
We are working with a leading top 20 mid-tier firm (based on accountancy age mid-tier power index).
Shortlisted in top 5 for mid-tier firm of the year and tax team of the year at the British Accountancy Awards 2019.
Winners of Tax Advisory Firm of the year at the Parker Randall International network awards 2018 and audit firm of the year 2019.
You will be joining a very sociable vibrant office, with regular nights out and an inclusive culture.
The firm is led by a young and ambitious partner group who have demonstrated that rapid career growth is achievable for high performers.
The firm as a whole has approximately 70 staff and the tax team is currently 12 members strong and growing rapidly. About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious tax senior to join their Private Client tax team. You will either be a semi-senior/senior looking for a new challenge or a senior looking to work with a firm that can match your ambitions. About the Responsibilities:
Joining as Personal assistant tax manager/ manager, you will be working with their existing tax team and partner group to work on a growing amount of advisory work. This is seen as a key hire in the team and the role will offer a varied range of advisory work. You will have your own portfolio of clients as well as some oversight of the personal tax compliance function and liaising with our outsourcing team. This is very much a client facing role which will involve a lot of client interaction so strong communication and client relationship skills is a must.
Your main responsibilities will be:
About the Applicant:
- Review complex Returns
- Working on individual clients including entrepreneurs, city financiers and those with international tax issues.
- Provide assistance to the PC director and partner group on advisory work, which could include:
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax planning
- Use of trusts
- Property taxes
- Enquiry work
- Residence and non-dom planning
- Working directly with partners and directors on their personal client projects and liaising with other teams to deliver results
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Technical research to provide possible solutions to complex tax issues
- Working with senior members of the team to promote the tax team internally and externally
- Seeking planning opportunities within the current client base
- Assist with management of WIP, billing and debtors across the team
They are looking to recruit talented people so will flex the role to utilise your skills rather than dictate what the role has to include. They are looking for the best, if that is you please get in touch with us to discuss this opportunity.
They require someone who:
About the Benefits:
- Preferably CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified
- 5+ years in a client facing role
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients a must
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working opportunities
- This role offers progression for the right candidate